With Renegade Smoky Soppressata
8-10 Russet Potatoes (Approximately 4 Pounds)
5 Ounces Renegade Smoky Soppresata (Approximately 2/3 the Package)
2 Tbsp Miyoko’s Vegan Butter
1 Large White or Yellow Onion, Thinly Sliced
6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Cups Raw Cashews
2 Cups Unsweetened Non Dairy Milk (We like West Soy, it only contains water and organic soy beans)
1 Cup Vegetable Stock
1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
2 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil.
2) Add the cream sauce ingredients to a blender and blend on high speed for at least 2 minutes. It’s important that you blend this long in order to achieve a creamy consistency. Set aside.
3) Thinly slice the Smoky Soppressata into approximately 1/8 inch rounds as well.
4) Heat the Miyoko’s butter in a large pan at medium heat and then add the thinly sliced onion. Saute 4-5 minutes until translucent and lightly golden, and then add the minced garlic. Stir constantly for another minute then remove from heat and set aside.
5) Spread 1/3 of the potatoes to the bottom of the baking dish, and then add 1/3 of the onion/garlic mixture.
6) Top evenly with 1/4 the creamy sauce and then add a layer of 1/3 the sliced Smoky Soppressata.
7) Repeat twice and then finish with the final 1/4 of the creamy sauce poured on top.
8) Bake for 60 minutes then remove from the oven and poke a couple potatoes with a fork to make sure they’re soft. If not, bake for another 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. The cream sauce should be bubbly and thick.
9) Garnish with chives and enjoy!