With Renegade Sweet Toscana
1 7.5 Ounce Package of Renegade Sweet Toscana
2 Cups Wild Rice Mix, Rinsed
3 Cups Vegetable Stock
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3/4 Cup Mushrooms, Diced
1 Large Yellow or White Onion, Diced
3 Celery Stalks, Diced
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
Fresh or Dried Thyme to Taste
Fresh or Dried Sage to Taste
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Pomegranate Seeds, Garnish
Chopped Parsley, Garnish
1) Cook the rice and vegetable stock according to instructions on the package.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan, preferably cast iron. Add the onion, mushrooms and celery and a couple pinches of salt and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until it starts to brown. Add the garlic, Renegade Toscana, thyme and sage and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes while stirring. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
3) When the rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed, turn off the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
4) Remove the lid and add the salami and vegetables mix. Fluff and stir gently with a fork to combine. Add the rice to a serving dish and sprinkle with pomegranate and parsley.
Wine and Beer Pairings:
1) Bold red wines that are complex and rich balance nicely with the sweetness from the Toscana and herbs. We recommend a cabernet sauvignon or zinfandel.
2) A fairly dry pilsner or malty porter is sure to be enjoyed with this meal.