ROASTED FALL SQUASH SOUP
With Renegade Smoky Soppressata
1 7.5 Ounce Package of Renegade Smoky Soppressata
1 Winter Squash (we used Kabocha)
2 Red Apples (We used Pink Lady)
2 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 Can Coconut Milk
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Dried Sage
Pepper to Taste
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Cut the winter squash in half and remove seeds. Slice apples and remove seeds.
3) Place squash and apples on baking tray and bake until soft, approximately 45 minutes for squash and 20 minutes for apples.
4) Scoop the squash from its skin and add to the blender along with the apples and vegetable broth. Blend on high until creamy and smooth and then pour into a large pot.
5) Add the canned coconut milk, sea salt and sage and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add pepper to taste.
6) Chop Renegade Soppressata into chunks and add to each bowl of soup.
7) Garnish with fresh sage and enjoy!
Wine and Beer Pairings:
1) Fruity red wines balance nicely with the earthy and subtly sweet soup and Smoky Soppressata. We recommend a pinot noir or zinfandel.
2) A malty porter or creamy lager would compliment this meal.