Linguini Alfredo with Mushrooms
LINGUINI ALFREDO WITH MUSHROOMS
& Renegade Smoky Soppressata
1 7.5 Ounce Package of Renegade Smoky Soppressata (Largely Chopped)
1 Pound of Linguini Pasta
4 Shallots (Minced)
8 Ounces of your Favorite Mushroom (Diced)
2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Dried Sage (To Taste)
Splash of Dry White Wine (Optional)
Parsley or Fresh Sage to Garnish (Optional)
1 Cups Cashews (Soaked 30 Minutes)
3/4 Cups Water
2 Cloves Fresh Garlic
1.5 Tbsp Champagne Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
1.5 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Ground Sage
1/4 Tsp Ground White Pepper
Dash of Nutmeg
1) Combine Alfredo sauce ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high for at least 2-3 minutes, until a smooth texture is achieved. You may need a little more water depending on the power of your blender.
2) Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
3) While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet (preferably cast iron). Add the minced shallots and diced mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes, until lightly charred. Add the minced garlic, dried sage, chopped Renegade Soppressata, a splash of white wine (optional) and stir for approximately 30 seconds before removing from heat.
4) Combine pasta with the Alfredo sauce and salami mixture, mixing thoroughly.
5) Garnish with fresh sage or parsley and a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper.