With Renegade Sweet Toscana
1 7.5 Ounce Package of Renegade Sweet Toscana, Chopped
2 Pounds Frozen Sweet Corn (Or Fresh Corn)
1.5 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk or Non-Flavored Plant-Based Milk of Choice
3 Tbsp Full Fat Coconut Cream From Can
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small White or Yellow Onion, Diced
3 Cloves Minced Garlic
Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
Chopped Parsley, Garnish
1) Heat a cast iron pan at medium heat with olive oil and cook diced onions for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
2) Add the minced garlic and corn and cook for an additional 7-minutes until the corn is hot.
3) Add the chopped Toscana, plant-based milk and coconut cream and stir to combine.
4) Cook for an additional 5 minutes until desired thickness is achieved.
5) Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley before serving.
Wine and Beer Pairings:
1) Bold red wines that are complex and rich balance nicely with the sweetness from the Toscana and sweet corn. We recommend a cabernet sauvignon or zinfandel.
2) A fairly dry pilsner or malty porter is sure to be enjoyed with this meal.