With Renegade Sweet Toscana
5 cups cubed French baguette, dried (see directions)
5 cups cubed sourdough bread, dried (see directions)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves 6 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 package Renegade Toscana, cubed
2 cups vegetable broth
Parsley, to garnish (optional)
1) Onto a large baking sheet, toss French bread cubes, sourdough bread cubes, rosemary, and thyme. Let sit on counter for one day to dry out.
2) When ready to prepare stuffing, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 x 12‑inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
3) In a large pan over medium-high heat, toast fennel seeds, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer toasted fennel seeds to dried bread mixture.
4) Into the same pan, heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter. When melted, add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add fennel seeds and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned.
5) Add plant-based salami, and cook for 3 more minutes. Add salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
6) Add bread, and toss to combine. Slowly mix in vegetable broth until combined. Transfer stuffing to prepared baking dish, cube remaining 3 tablespoons butter, and arrange on top of stuffing. Bake for 30 minutes until crispy on top.
7) Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Wine and Beer Pairings:
Young red wines that are light-bodied and fruity complement nicely the sweetness from the Toscana. We recommend a pinot noir or barbera.