With Renegade Spicy Chorizo
1 7.5 oz Package Renegade Chorizo
1.5 Cups Long Grain Rice
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium White Onion (Diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
2-3 Cloves Garlic (Finely Chopped)
1 Tsp Sweet Paprika
½ Tsp Cumin Powder
3.25 Cups Vegetable Stock
3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
Half a Lime
Black Pepper (To Taste)
Chili Powder (Optional, to Taste)
Parsley (Chopped, to Garnish)
1) Heat a large skillet over medium heat and olive oil, chorizo, onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, pepper and chili powder and stir until fragrant.
2) Add the rice and stir for a few minutes, until the rice becomes clear. Add the vegetables stock and tomato paste and bring to a low simmer while stirring. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce to low heat.
3) Cook, covered, for 12-14 minutes. (Depending on the grain of rice).
4) Let rice sit for 10 minutes before uncovering and squeezing half a lime on top before mixing.
5) Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!
Wine and Beer Pairings:
1) Young red wines that are light-bodied and fruity balance nicely with the spice from the chorizo. We recommend a Russian River pinot noir or an Italian barbera.
2) Chorizo and lager is the classic pairing of sweet and spicy. We like Trumer Brauerei and Bierstadt Lagerhaus.