Hiring Food Scientist
Renegade Foods is a rapidly growing vegan meat company with a focus on clean label, nutritious and delicious products. The first line of products are an artisanal European-style salami. The team is small, but passionately focused on our mission of removing animals from the food supply chain.
We are building a team of passionate and smart people to help take our company to the next level.
This role will be responsible for improving the current product line as well as developing new SKUs. The role will also provide strategic input for the company’s short and long-term product growth goals. The role will require both oversight and also hands-on work.
- Responsible for developing future product formulas, product quality metrics and processing procedures that support company goals.
- Collaboratively work with the team to offer recommendations for further product/process development and improvements.
- Work with existing products to evaluate functional ingredients and develop processes to optimize texture, color and flavor.
- In partnership with a consultant, design and conduct shelf life, sensory, and product quality tests.
- Other duties related to product development and scaling.
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials of Science, or a related field.
- Experience: 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience in food product development (with both existing and new SKUs).
- Experience creating formulas from scratch for a range of food products. Specific knowledge and experience in the plant-based space a plus.
- Technical knowledge of ingredient functionality and interactions.
- Understanding of how products need to be created to scale at a co-manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance is a plus.
- Self-starter who enjoys taking ownership of a wide range of projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders and employees.
Position is located in Petaluma, CA.
Please email your cover letter and resume to us at email@example.com to apply.